Portland Fall House Cleaning
If Spring is synonymous with house cleaning then by September or October it might be time to show your house a little TLC with some Fall house cleaning. Fall is officially here and in Portland, Oregon that means we won’t be enjoying any more warm weather so that means this is the perfect time to roll up our sleeves and do some pre-winter cleaning. Put down the pumpkin spice latte and hang your raincoats by the entryway because things are about to get messy. When summer is over, that means it’s time for rain, a LOT of rain. This is typical weather for the Pacific Northwest so if you’re new to the area then you may want to get your home prepared for a long wet winter. Some basic yet important cleanup and maintenance around your home can go a long way.
There are many important cleaning tasks you can do yourself if you have the time or you can have a professional cleaner like Clean Arrival LLC come and do these things for you. With a long list of weekly or bi-weekly cleaning duties, it can get old pretty quick. Especially when people are busy with their kids being back in school everything that comes along with that, not to mention if they’re also playing sports it can be almost impossible to take the time to clean your house too. Fall is time for a deep clean to get your home ready to shine on the inside since the outside will likely be dark and gloomy for months on end. Make sure and enjoy the fall colors while they last and enjoy the peacefulness of Portland with the long and quiet rainy season.
Standard House Cleaning List
Clean Arrival’s Cleaning Services is committed to providing quality and consistency every time we clean your home. Contact us for professional Fall house cleaning services, we’ll thoroughly clean the following areas:
Living Area Cleaning:
- High dusting – cob webbing, dust ceiling fans, light fixtures, doors, mantles, and decorative molding
- Low dusting – baseboards
- Dust window sills and sashes
- Dust blinds/plantation shudders
- Clean glass doors
- Dust and vacuum closets
- Vacuum and mop hardwood floors with hardwood floor cleaner
- Vacuum return air vents
- Spot wipe fingerprints off walls around light switches and door frames
- Vacuum and mop bathroom floor (if hardwood damp mop only)
- Clean countertops and sinks
- Clean mirror
- Wipe down cabinets
- Vacuum floors, drawers, cabinet, baseboards and door trim
- Mop floors and wipe down baseboards
- Scrub down toilets inside and out
- Clean tub and shower stalls (will treat mold with Clorox) removing all soap scum and polishing all plumbing fixtures
- Clean glass shower doors and scrub tracks
- Clean Cobwebs
- Dust window sills and sashes
- Dust blinds
- Dust baseboards
- Vacuum carpets (if wood floor damp mop)
- Wipe down switch plates, doors, and baseboards
- Dust and vacuum closets
- Empty refrigerator/freezer and clean thoroughly
- Clean microwave inside and out
- Clean stove and wipe out the oven – if it has been self-cleaned and cooled
- Vacuum and wipe down drawers and cupboards
- Wipe down cabinet fronts
- Wipe down counters
- Clean kitchen sink and polish fixtures
- Polish all stainless steel appliances
- Vacuum and mop kitchen floor (if hardwood damp mop only)
Additional Cleaning Tips
In addition to the standard house cleaning chores, you should consider doing before winter there are other things that many people easily overlook. For instance, if you haven’t turned your mattress over and washed all of your bedding in a while then now is a great time to do it. Next, think of all the grass and dirt being tracked throughout the house now that summer is over and those wet and muddy shoes are sure to make a mess. You should also plan on cleaning the inside and outside of your winters before it gets too cold outside to do it. Make sure and check your gutters and rake the yard for all the leaves falling from the trees also.
- Rotate Your Mattress – You should rotate your mattress every 3 months. This means if you have a traditional mattress then you can usually just flip it over, if you have a memory foam mattress then you can rotate it 180 degrees. Not only will this prolong the life of the mattress, allow you to clean up the accumulated dust and bedding but it will also help you sleep better.
- Vacuum Upholstery – Don’t forget to take some time to vacuum your upholstery as it has accumulated so much dust and debris since you last cleaned them, if ever. This includes the couch and chairs in your living and dining rooms as well as anywhere else in your home. Don’t forget things that are sometimes forgotten like office chairs and upholstered headboards.
- Switch clothes– Make sure to adjust your families’ clothes in their closet to make the transition from summer to fall or winter a lot easier. If you still have your skirts and tank tops at the forefront then you may want to reconsider rotating your leggings, pants, and jackets to be more easily accessible.
- Wash window screens – One of the things you should do before it gets too cold is to vacuum and wash out the window screens. Usually, we leave them open during the summer months and they accumulate a lot of dirt and debris. Also, make sure to wash the inside and outside as well as inside the window frame where a lot of debris typically builds up. Let them dry and then put them back in place. You will be amazed at the amount of dirt and grime that comes off them.
- Clean smoke detectors– This is one of the more important and also one of the most forgotten cleaning tasks. Your smoke detectors can become faulty from building up pollen and dust on their sensors over time, this is not something you want to worry about during the cold months when you’re most likely to be running the heat or even burning something in the fireplace.
Clean Arrival LLC
Clean Arrival’s Fall house cleaning services can be your best friend when it comes to taking care of the mess left after all the commotion at home from being back to school and all the other activities going on. Contact us today for a free quote or to book our professional Portland house cleaning services at 503-567-5404. You can also message us on Facebook or email us here.
Other related articles:
- Real Estate Cleaning
- Move-In Cleaning
- Move-Out Cleaning
- Green Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Post Construction Cleaning
- Heavy Duty Cleaning
- Heavy Cleaning Service